Since humankind first learned to tame fire, earthenware pots and other vessels have been used to heat up water. After the advent of the Industrial Age, one of the most popular kitchen appliances became the kettle, a fast and convenient way to rapidly heat up water. In later years, kettles became independent of the stovetop with the option of using electricity alone to bring water to a fast boil. Due to the vagaries of physics, water approaching a boil generates a lot of noise, leading a new wave of innovative manufacturers to redesign the kettle in order to perform the same functions while making a lot less noise.
Considerations When Buying The Best Quiet Kettles
The basic function of a kettle is to heat water but quiet kettles employ a number of innovations to keep the cavitation sound of boiling water to a minimum. Some electric kettles use improved insulation to reduce sound while other models have a specially-designed base to break up bubble size. Some electric kettles have powerful heating elements that rapidly heat water while others use a slightly slower heating element to reduce sound while still achieving a roiling boil more efficiently than a stovetop kettle.
For serious tea and other hot beverage enthusiasts, the ability to program temperatures, length of boil, and the option of keeping water maintained at a desired temperature are important features. For occasional tea drinkers, a simple but reliable kettle that heats water until it boils without any customization may be a better option.
The 10 Best Quiet Kettles
From one of the best-known manufacturers of coffeemaker appliances, the Capresso H2o Rapid Boil Kettle is a gorgeously appointed electric kettle that can rapidly bring up to 48 fluid ounces to a rapid boil. The incredibly simplistic design is both aesthetically sound, and very easy to operate.
- Gorgeous glass design
- Can quietly and safely boil up to 48 fluid ounces
- Auto boil-dry shut-off
- Only slightly quieter than conventional electric kettles
AVAILABLE ON AMAZON
German engineering is the genius behind the Molla Púro Cordless Glass Electric Water Kettle, a gorgeously-designed cordless kettle that safely boils water in a carafe made from shock-resistant Duran Glass. With plenty of safety features, including a slow-opening lid, the Molla Púro Cordless Glass Electric Water Kettle can be used just about anywhere that you need piping hot water. The included anti-calcium filter keeps hard minerals from spoiling your tea and other favorite hot drinks.
- Made in Germany of shock-resistant Duran Glass
- Ultra quiet operation
- Gorgeous transparent and brushed aluminum design
- Boil-dry shut-off and slow-opening lid for protection
- Cordless operation for safe boiling anywhere
- Takes between 5 and 7 minutes to boil water
AVAILABLE ON AMAZON
Certified by Quiet Mark for a very soothing tea-making process, the Kenwood SJM610 Persona Collection Electric Kettle is a polished kitchen appliance. With an intuitive LED button control panel at its base, the Kenwood SJM610 Persona Collection Electric Kettle can be set to keep water at the desired temperature for up to 30 minutes. With an optional sound alert upon completion of boiling, the Kenwood SJM610 Persona Collection Electric Kettle is a sophisticated addition to any kitchen.
- 7 different temperature programs
- Can sustain desired water temperature for 30 minutes
- Efficiently boils up to 1.7 liters (58 fl. oz.) of water
- Elegant brushed aluminum design
- Certified by Quiet Mark for low-decibel operation
- Temperature guide is just a sticker that is easily removed or lost
The Dualit 72955 Design Series Kettle is a gorgeously-designed electric kettle without a lot of bells and whistles but plenty of power “under the hood” with its 1200-Watt heating element. Able to boil up to 1.5 liters, the Dualit 72955 Design Series Kettle features a cool blue illuminated water level window that adds a touch of whimsy while in operation. The one-touch lid makes opening the top safer when dealing with boiling water.
- Stunningly beautiful stainless steel and black design
- Unique pour spout prevents dribbles, drips and spills
- Water indicator window glows blue when in operation
- Capacious 1.5 liter (50 fl. oz.) capacity
- 1200 Watt elements rapidly brings water to a boil
- No temperature control options
From one of the leading manufacturers of quality kitchen appliances, the Philips HD4667 Metal Kettle uses an extremely powerful 3000-Watt heating element to bring up to 1.7 liters of water to a quiet boil in record time. Easy to clean and with a washable filter, the Philips HD4667 Metal Kettle is designed to produce large amounts of boiling water for years.
- Ultra powerful 3000-Watt heating element
- Large 1.7 liter (58 fl. oz.) capacity
- Cordless operation for enjoying hot beverages anywhere
- Extremely quiet operation
- Elegant brushed stainless steel and black design
- Pour spout is a little large
With a distinct SCHOTT DURAN glass design, the Molla Puro Jug Kettle is designed for bringing water to a boil in just about the quietest manner possible. A full capacity will boil in 5 minutes, lower quantities much faster. Loaded with plenty standard safety features like boil-dry protection and slow-open lid, the Molla Puro SCHOTT Glass Kettle also features thermal shock resistant glass.
- Unique Glass design. All plastic components in direct contact with water are BPA free.
- Automatic shut-off and boil-dry protection
- 360-degree base for ambidextrous operation
- Can boil up to 1.5 liters (51 fl. oz.)
- Cord is a little on the short side.
With a powerful 3000-Watt heating element, the Dualit Classic Kettle is designed to bring up to 1.7 liters of water to a boil in just minutes. The patented Whisper Boil feature makes heating water a soothing low-noise experience. With a classic retro stainless steel design, the Dualit Classic Kettle looks like a beautiful museum piece but is powered by the latest innovations in water heating technology. With a replaceable heating element, the Dualit Classic Kettle is designed to provide years of reliable water heating experiences.
- Iconic stainless steel design
- Ergonomic no-slip silicon handle
- Certified by Quiet Mark for its low-noise operation
- Can boil up to 1.7 liters (58 fl. oz.) of water
- Special no-drip spout for safe pouring
- Must be filled via the lid and not via the spout
With 7 preset temperature programs, the Kenwood SJM610 Persona Collection Kettle can boil a generous 1.7 liters of water rapidly. As this kettle carries with it Quiet Mark certification, you can be assured that your with water will boil very little noise. Once boiled, the temperature of your water will be maintained inside the kettle for up to 30 minutes using the keep warm button. The tasteful brushed steel and aluminum sure grip design makes the Kenwood SJM610 an elegant addition to any kitchen or countertop. The LCD panel is simple yet effective, and it’s stacked with the usual safety features such as auto shut off and boil dry protection.
- Quiet Mark Certification ensures an incredibly quiet boil.
- Can rapidly boil up to 1.7 liters (54 fl. oz.) of water
- Ergonomic sure grip handle for no-slip handling
- Can only use the preset temperatures, you can’t set your own.
The ChefsChoice 692 Stainless Steel Kettle might not be the best looking kettle on this list, but it has some pretty awesome features hidden within it’s modest frame. With 1500 Watts of power it is quick to boil, and with double wall vacuum insulation it can keep your water hot for up to a remarkable 4 hours. The insulation also allows for a very quiet boil.
Boil dry and auto shut off protection are standard features, the 360 base is handy for both lefties and righties. Plenty of useful features then, and with the ChefsChoice 692 you also have the reassurance of a 1 year warranty.
- Double wall vacuum insulation
- 1500 Watt element
- Ultra quiet boiling
- \keeps water hot for up to 4 hours
- Can boil up to 1.5 liters (51 fl. oz) of water
- No temperature control
With no plastic and a completely stainless steel design, the Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp 1.7-Liter Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle is engineered for precise temperature control and rugged enough to last for years without succumbing to scaling or calcium build-up. With six different temperatures to choose from and a stay-warm feature that keeps water hot for up to 30 minutes, the Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp is an excellent kettle for serious tea enthusiasts.
- Generous 1.66-liter (56 fl. oz.) capacity
- 6 different temperature setting
- Cool blue LED lights indicate status
- Can keep water at desired temperature for up to 30 minutes
- Elegant stainless steel design minimizes noise
- Outside of kettle can get quite hot
Check Out Some Of Our Other Quiet Kitchen Posts Here:
- Best Quiet Garbage Disposal
- Best Quiet Juicers
- Best Quiet Coffee Grinders
- Best Quiet Ice Makers
- Best Quiet Dishwashers
Whether you’re looking to make the perfect cup of tea or simply want a convenient way to quickly heat water without disturbing other members of your household, there is a quiet electric kettle model to suit your needs. Some of the more sophisticated models can be programmed to modify the length of boil or heat water to precise temperatures short of boiling to match water purification and tea steeping requirements while other quiet electric kettles offer basic boil and auto-shut off operation.
Many of today’s best quiet kettles use blue LED illumination both in the water level window for easier use in dark kitchens and to announce that boiling has been achieved. A few models feature audio beeps or alerts to indicate when boiling has occurred. Regardless of the amount of sophistication in boil length and water temperature that you need, there are now a variety of innovative and stylish electric kettles to heat water more quietly than ever before.